Monday, October 25, 2004

Is killing in our Nature?

Its a family weekend over at my sisters house. The clan is settled in the living room after a rather hectic but absolutely enjoyable day, we are watching TV as we chat away the evening...hmmm..its an ideal setting, perfect. The whole family is there......mama, my sisters, brother inlaws and my little nieces and nephews. Sweet kids....and very intuitive. There's something on the news about US warplanes dropping bombs on some family inIraq, I quickly flip the channel and...its mungiki beheading a family somewhere in Karatina., I flip once more and yeah true to form the Islamist in Pakistan are killing civilians in Mumbai. I switch off the TV...theres silence for a split second then the chatting begins as if it hadn't stopped. It's the same stuff we see on TV everyday and somehow everyone is numb to what is happening there.

Arnold one of my nephews (6 year cuddles up to me and says 'Jomba...?'(that's uncle where I come from) 'Why do people kill each other?'..... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home