Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Impunity...a new defination!

My heart bleeds....there are too many hungry people who have nothing and I can't feed then...I wish I could, I would I swear. The young child soo thin..soo desparate, clinging unto the bones that are what is left of the mother. A mother despairing and awaiting the inevitable horror of watching her succumb one after the other to the pangs of hunger...they will die...as we watch on TV..in out little comfort zones oblivious of the fact that this is happening less than 20 kilometres from Nairobi.


It could have been prevented....it can be prevented...but we do nothing! whatever little we do we make sure the whole world knows how generous we are....sickening but true. We drive down to wherever in our monster four wheel drive truck. Dressed in our trendy jeans corporate branded t-shirts with sunglasses as accesories,  pose for the cameras with a couple of packets of maize flour and leave in a huff as if the sight of the starving families reminds you of your expensive over indulgings..We drive back to Nairobi stopping at some Resort where we have our lunch of succulent roasted goat meat with a couple of beers to drain it down. The cost of that lunch of four people can feed the starving familes for a whole month...hmmm food for thought..

I'm sorry if I'm too critical but the reality is that we are no better than the polticians who connive to steal the maize from our national stores.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home